Level 2 Award for Working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at individuals wishing to apply for a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor. It is based on the relevant SIA specification for learning and qualifications and is supported by Skills for Security, the standards setting body for the security industry and the SIA, which regulates the private security industry.
These include the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry, the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements, the role and objectives of a door supervisor, powers of arrest relevant to a door supervisor, how to recognise, assess and reduce risk in conflict situations, good practice to follow after conflict situations, physical interventions and the implications of their use and the use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others.
Unit 1 - Working in the Private Security Industry
- 40-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40.
- Examination duration – 1 hour.
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 10 hours.
Unit 2 - Working as a Door Supervisor
- 45-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 31 out of 45.
- Examination duration – 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 12 hours.
Unit 3 - Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- 20-question multiple-choice examination paper.
- Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 14 out of 20.
- Examination duration – 30 minutes.
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 8 hours
Unit 4 - Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- Ongoing practical assessment throughout the course by the tutor.
- A true or false question paper marked by the course tutor.
- Guided learning hours for this unit are 15 hours
All examinations are completed via tablet providing you with instant results, no more waiting weeks for your results!
This qualification is suitable for learners over the age of 18.
How long will it take?
It is delivered over 4 days with a large amount of pre-course reading and written tasks to complete. Full details will be sent out to you.
This qualification can enable the learner to progress onto the NVQ in Providing Security Services or undertake further learning in other areas of the private security industry such as CCTV Operations.
Upon successful completion of this course you will then need to apply to the SIA for a licence at an additional cost of £190.
Training will be carried out by our highly experienced independent tutors who will be with you every step of the way from initial enquiry through to examination and ongoing support.
For further information contact email@example.com or call 01253 381013
Training will be provided at The Marton Institute, Oxford Square Blackpool FY4 4DR.
Ease the financial burden and spread the cost at checkout, simply choose buy with Klarna and pay in 3 instalments interest free.